Established in 1932 and awarded a royal charter in 1992, The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) is the world’s largest procurement and supply professional organisation and recognised globally as the voice of the profession. CIPS has a global community of over 114,000 in 150 different countries, including a network of professionals in the private, public and third sectors, in academia, business and professional practice.
CIPS Products and Services
- Qualifications developed with employers and academics, recognised as the global standard for procurement
- One-stop shop for business solutions and best practice to improve organisational performance
- Training for professionals and non-professionals
- Events, conferences, networking opportunities and special interest groups
- Thought leadership, professional practice papers and research
Profession of choice
We know that for procurement and supply to have a place in the boardroom it has to be a Profession of Choice for young talent. CIPS are increasingly raising awareness of procurement and supply careers to students who are ready to make decisions about further education or career options. CIPS has developed the www.beabuyer.org website, full of useful information and resources for students of all ages, as well as providing entry level career paths for young people including apprenticeships and accredited degree courses. We are proud to be working with The Peter Jones Foundation to inspire young entrepreneurs of the future, introducing them into the world of business and the function of procurement.